Method 1: Facebook Fast Delete Messages Chrome extension
Facebook Fast Delete Messages is a
popular Google Chrome extension that will help you delete multiple messages, follow the steps to install the
extension and delete messages:
1. Navigate to the chrome web store and follow the steps to
add the Facebook
Fast Delete Messages Extension.
click on the Facebook Fast Delete Messages extension icon then click on the Open
Note: This will redirect you to the Facebook messages page if you are already logged in. if not,
log in to the Facebook account.
3. Once the page opens, again click on the Extension
icon then click on Delete All Messages button.
4. A confirmation
window will popup, asking are you sure you want to delete all messages. Click on Yes,
Delete to delete all the messages.
In this way, all your Facebook messages will
Method 2: Deleting Messages on your PC
To delete your multiple messages from
Facebook using your PC or laptop you can follow the steps:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- On the upper right corner, click on Messages then choose “See All in
Messenger” in the bottom left corner of the popup.
- 3. For deleting the entire message thread, hover over the chat and click on the three-dot
icon then click on the “Delete” option.
- 4. It will then prompt you with 3 options which are Cancel, Delete, or Hide Conversation. Click the
“Delete” option to continue with the deletion of the entire conversation.
- Open the conversation & hover over the message.
- Click on the 3 horizontal dots and then click on Remove option.
Method 3: Deleting Messages on your Mobile
The steps to delete multiple Facebook message on smartphones are:
- If you do not have the Facebook messenger by now, download the Messenger app from Google play store.
- Open the app and log in with your username and password.
To delete the complete conversation:
- Select & hold down the thread you want to delete, a short popup will appear.
- Tap on the Recycle bin icon on the red circle on the right side of the screen.
confirmation popup will appear, tap on Delete.
In case you wish to delete a
- Go to the conversation and hold down any particular message you wish to delete.
- Then, tap on Remove at the bottom.
Tap on the delete icon next to the “Remove for you” option.
How to Archive
Facebook Messages on Android:
- Go to your Messenger.
- Tap on the Chats icon and you will see the list of your conversations.
- Press and hold any specific conversation which you wish to archive. Tap on three horizontal
- A popup will appear, select the Archive option and your messages will be
4: Bulk Deletion
There are several Chrome extensions which offer bulk deletion feature, but one of
the best extension is “Delete All Messages for Facebook”.
- Install the Chrome extension “Delete
All Messages for Facebook” by clicking on Add to Chrome button.
- Open Messenger in Chrome and log in to your Facebook account.
- Scroll down to load your messages or else they won’t be deleted.
- Click on the Extension from the top-right corner of the google toolbar.
- Select the “Choose & Delete.” option from the extension menu.
- Check the messages you want to delete using the checkboxes on the left side. Then, click “Delete
Selected Messages” on top of the page. The messages you selected will be deleted.
The Nuclear option
- Open your FB Messenger in chrome.
- Now you have to scroll down to load your messages or else they won’t be deleted.
- From the top-right, click the extension icon from the toolbar.
- Now choose “Delete All Messages” & select the prompts that follow!
Method 5: Deleting Messages on iOS
- Open Messenger app, scroll through your conversation to look for the message you wish to
- Tap & hold the conversation you want to Delete. Now, tap on three horizontal lines
icon and select Delete.